Bruce and I cleaned up and organized the biggest bookcase in the office today. As I'm sitting here looking at our handiwork, one of the books that sticks out the most is our Idiot's Guide to Reflexology...probably because of the bright orange color and the bold word "IDIOT'S." So then I found myself wondering what other Idiot's Guides there are, and what would it take to write one. I was shocked when I googled Idiot's Guides. Here are some of the more interesting ones I found:
- Idiot's Guide to Training Attack Hummingbirds (Are there really such things?)
- Idiot's Guide to Cannibalism (Wow...all I can say is WOW)
- Idiot's Guide to Understanding Einstein(isn't that an oxymoron?)
- Idiot's Guide to Improving your IQ (another oxymoron?)
- Idiot's Guide to Blowing Up Balloons (is it really that difficult?)
- Idiot's Guide to Clear Thinking (Hmmm...)
- Pocket Idiot's Guide to Homemade Dogfood (there's a whole book on this?)
- Idiot's Guide to Breathing (oh man, this even beats the balloon guide)
- Idiot's Guide to Understanding the Brain (for sure an oxymoron!)
- Idiot's Guide to Pro Wrestling (now there's something everyone wants to learn about)
and the best one...
- Idoit's Guide for Dumies!! (Notice the way "idiot's" and "dummies" are spelled)
Do people really make money from selling these books, and if so, is there something that I know that some idiot would want to learn about? There has to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment