Friday, September 11, 2009

Labor Day at Rocky Mountain National Park

On Monday, we decided to take a road trip to Rocky Mountain National Park, since it had been years ago that we were last there and Bev had never been. So we packed up a picnic lunch and off we went. On the way out of town, we stopped at Big Lots because they had cameras on sale, and I needed a camera for my cake business. I let you know that, just because some of these pictures are not too great and have a random date that came with the camera, since I was just learning to use it. I'm still learning. We stopped at a little jerky stand somewhere before Estes Park and Bev bought some elk jerky. I'm not even a jerky lover, but this stuff was really good...I think because it was so fresh. When we got to Estes Park, we looked around for a place to eat our lunch. We finally found the perfect place...a little old cemetery. After that, we made our way to the park. It was a beautiful day. Not much snow was left, much to our surprise. At one point, we had a perfect Sound of Music moment that we tried to capture on camera. No pictures of Bruce and me since the one that Bev took had Bruce cut off and half of my head gone. The LCD screen on the new camera is hard to see in the sun.


Bev and Bruce

Bev playing Julie Andrews, singing The hills are alive...

Bev buying elk jerky

Our picnic area

No comments: