Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Christmas in August...

Today was like Christmas. I finally got a china cabinet after being without one for 5 years. When we left Arizona, we sold our dining room set with the house, because we knew we would not be able to move it or store it (while we were in the apt.). So, all of my crystal and china has been packed in boxes and stored in the crawlspace for the the last 4 years. Every time I needed it, Bruce would go drag the boxes out of the crawlspace and I would unpack the dishes and goblets, etc., wash them off, and then after I was done, I would carefully pack them up again...since there was no place else to put them. I now have a china cabinet that matches the dining room table and chairs that we purchased after moving into our home because the family was coming for Thanksgiving. The dining/living room area now seems complete, and it has freed up allot of space in the crawlspace and in the hall linen closet, where I had all of my tablecloths, placemats, napkins, serving utensils, and silverware. It was necessary for us to rearrange the pictures on the wall to make room for the cabinet. Bruce helped me with that and we like the way the groupings turned out. Happy day!






2 comments:

Olivia* said...

I love your China cabinet! It's beautiful! Love the color.

Tiffany said...

Cathy,
Your cabinet is beautiful. So is your house. I have never seen pic of it before.