Monday, August 3, 2009

The family that dents cars together stays together...

One of things about being married for 32+ years is that you think and act alike. Not that that's always a great thing, but it just happens. So this is the latest example... a couple of weeks ago Bruce was over at Paula's with his truck. He was parked next to one of the posts in the parking area at her apartment and when he went to leave, he turned too quickly and hit the post, leaving a dent in the front driver's side of the truck. So... Friday I was at Paula's after our Sonic and rainstorm episode, we parked in her parking spot, which just happens to be by a post, because it was raining, and when I went to leave (you guessed it), I turned too quickly, hit the post, leaving a large dent in the front driver's side of the van. Now, unfortunately, we having matching dents in our vehicles . . . only mine is worse. Bruce has chosen not to get his repaired. His theory behind that is that it is a work vehicle, already has a bunch of scratches on it, so doesn't care. My van on the other hand, will need to be repaired, as it broke the paint and will rust; also this is my delivery vehicle for my cakes and catering, and it really needs to look good. So I will go get an estimate tomorrow to see what the damage is and proceed to get it repaired. Bummer!

No comments: