Sunday, June 21, 2009

My birthday...


I think birthdays are supposed to be fun, aren't they? Well this year my birthday kinda stunk. I guess by the time you're 56, they just kinda come and go anyway, right? So anyway, my birthday was last Thursday. How did I celebrate the wonderful day? By getting up at 6 am (after going to bed at 1:30 the night before) and spending the day doing our magazine route and then coming home and working on an inspection report for Bruce. I had intended on at least grilling salmon (my favorite) and having a nice dinner, but instead had leftover soup from the night before. What a deal! I did get calls from my children (with a little reminder to one of them from his dad), and the best call I got was from my brother to wish me a happy birthday. That was a wonderful surprise, and meant allot to me. Other than that the day was pretty lousy, so I hope to take one day out this week and actually celebrate.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Happy Birthday!!! I'm so sorry you had a bummer birthday. I know what you mean. My birthday is on Halloween,so growing up it was always a huge party and even when I was single. Since I've been married it's not quite the same. I try to not let it bother me but it always is a let down, every year. I always try to make birthday's special, for my kids, my friends and my husband of course. If I was closer I could have made you a cake or cookies or a pie or a trifel or something but know that you are special and so many people love you and look up to you!!!! Take a special day for yourself even if it's after your birthday!!!

JoAnn said...

Us 50-something year old women need to stick together so I'll send you a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY wish! Would love to have celebrated your day with you.