I love roses. I have always loved roses. Bruce has never been much of a "flower giver," but when Paula was born, he did give me a dozen beautiful yellow roses (my favorite). When we lived in our home back in Arizona, I planted my courtyard full of roses. The only bad thing about growing roses in AZ is that they bloom for a short season, and then burn up because it's so hot, or the leaves get eaten up by cutter bees. We finally live somewhere where we can grow beautiful flowers, including roses. We stripped out the ugly old evergreen bushes in the front yard last year, and I planted 4 rosebushes. Last year they didn't do much, but this year they are producing beautiful blossoms. We also have a large climbing rose bush in the backyard that was planted before we purchased the house. It is loaded with buds, but just hasn't bloomed yet. I am so excited, so we have been taking pictures of the roses. The last pictures are of the backyard rosebush, which has lots of ladybugs on it this year. I know, it's something old people do when they get bored, but I don't care. They're still pretty, so enjoy...
1 comment:
Oh I love the light purple ones!!!!
Post a Comment