Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Playing Mommy and Grandma...





Since Saturday, we have been helping Paula alot and seeing alot more of Lexi...which is fine with me...it is fun to play Grandma! On Saturday morning, Paula was admitted to the hospital because she started bleeding. 4 weeks ago she had borderline placenta previa, and now the placenta is completely covering her cervix. So anyway, they kept her in the hospital for 3 days to monitor the baby and make sure the bleeding had stopped. She was sent home this morning on "moderate bedrest" for the next 3 weeks, until she has a scheduled C-section at 37 weeks. That means she can only get up to go to the bathroom and take a shower, and no lifting Lexi, or letting her crawl on top of her belly (which is very hard on Lexi and Paula). Last night Lexi spent the night with us, and this morning we made cookies together, then we went over and spent the afternoon and evening with Paula and Lexi after Eddie went to work. Lexi is getting to be a "big girl" and loves to spend time at Grandma and Grandpa's house. I'm glad we are close so that we can be there to help Paula when she needs us.

5 comments:

The Katy Daileys said...

I know how Paula feels! I had two months of "moderate bedrest." The problem with it is people think the moderate means something (like you should be able to do things--which you can't). I am glad she only has a few weeks left and an excellent mother to help her (a luxury I have never had). Good luck to her and I hope things go well!

Tiffany said...

Cathy,
You are so awesome and Paula is so lucky to have you so close. Give her a hug from us. I was on bedrest with Kylie for 5 months so I kinda know how she feels but I didn't have a little one then. And it will be so nice after her c-section to have you there too.

Laura Anne said...

Paula is in my prayers.

Rachel said...

Cathy-I can't imagine how hard this must be for Paula...she is so lucky to have you!

Amanda said...

Your such a great Grandma and Mother. I am so glad Paula and Lexi have you there close to be with them through the hard and good times. Love you so much.