Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy 2009!


So, what do two old people do on New Year's Eve? We try really, really hard to stay awake until midnight. I had a wedding cake to bake that night, so while the cake was baking, we watched a movie. Watching movies makes me automatically fall asleep, so it's a good thing I had the cake in the oven...I knew I couldn't fall asleep while the cake was baking, or we would have a crispy instead of moist cake. So, after the cake was baked and the movie was done, we flipped from channel to channel on the TV, waiting for the "NY ball" to drop, so we could officially proclaim "Happy New Year!" Then we went to bed. Normally, on New Year's Eve, we would have been celebrating at a party at Dick and Nancy Wright's home, but they had family here from out of town, and no one else stepped in to take over the hosting, so instead you have two old people with a pretty boring New Year's Eve.

No comments: