Thursday, January 8, 2009

Crazy Colorado Weather

We knew from living in Colorado before that the weather here is very odd. The saying here in Colorado is "if you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes...it will change." Well, so far, this has been a very strange winter. One day it will be in the 60's or 70's, the next day it will be below freezing. Take this week for example...early in the week we had single digit temperatures; this afternoon it was 73 degrees. No wonder everyone gets sick with colds. The snowfall has been weird this winter, too. 2 years ago, we had several feet of snow, and it snowed what seemed like every weekend. This year, the most snow we have had at one time has been about 2-3 inches, and the wind just keeps blowing and blowing. When it is this dry, the "experts" tell us we need to water our lawn, even in the middle of the winter, or else it will dry out and die by the time spring comes around. If that's not strange, I don't know what is. So, I'm going to bed now, and before I do, I will slather my body with lotion, so it doesn't resemble a piece of dry crusty old bread.

No comments: