Monday, November 3, 2008

Daylight Savings Time

If this picture looks dark, it's because IT IS DARK!!! And it's only a little after 6 pm. We started standard time again on Sunday, and now it will take until next April to get used to the time. Just as you get adjusted, you will once again have Daylight Savings Time and have to adjust all over again. I HATE DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME! Thanks to good ol' Benjamin Frankliln, we have to put up with it. There was one good thing about living in Arizona...NO DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME! I'm sorry, that still wasn't enough to keep us there, but it was something that it had going for it. So, anyway...last Saturday night Bruce went to bed early, of course, and left me to turn all the stinkin' clocks and the programmable thermostat back one hour (remember, "fall back" and "spring forward"). I wonder who the clever person was that thought of that little reminder. So, for the last two mornings I have been waking up at 6 am instead of 7 am, even when I don't have to, because that's when my body says to wake up. Two years ago, Bruce and I ended up going to church an hour early and wondering where everyone was. After being here for almost 4 years, I still get confused with the whole thing. Thanks Ben for your great idea. We're not all farmers, you know.



1 comment:

The Katy Daileys said...

I miss that about Arizona, too! It drives me crazy to have to re-adjust. It is hardest on the kids! Love your blog and being able to keep up with you!