So we got these weird bean seeds to plant this year in the garden. We found out they are called dragon tongue beans. They are yellowish green with purple streaks all over them, but then when you cook them, the streaks disappear and they are actually quite tasty and very tender. Well, today I was going to freeze several batches because we have beans coming out our ears. When you freeze beans, you need to blanch (boil them for about 3 min.) them first, then put them in ice water. Well, yesterday Daddy used up all the ice for the ice chest and forgot to turn the icemaker back on, so now we have no ice, so I can't freeze the beans. I guess they'll have to wait until tomorrow.
1 comment:
Aye! What's wrong with your beans?
Nice blog Mom. You'd think you'd never live in Arizona. :)
Post a Comment