""Your friends may lie to you, your mirror deceive you, but a flight of stairs will be brutally frank.""
Author: Journal, Helper, Utah (Newspaper)
Author: Journal, Helper, Utah (Newspaper)
Stairs are interesting things. When we moved here to Colorado Springs, we both agreed that we would move into another ranch style home. Perhaps the only stairs we would have to worry about would be if we got a home with a basement. So, of course, we ended up in a home with not only one set of stairs, but three. The grandkids, especially Lexi, enjoy going up and down the stairs, but we have both had problems with falling on the stairs, mostly Bruce. I had a problem carrying a bowl of buttered popcorn to the family room from the kitchen. That was fun cleaning up, since the popcorn missed the blanket we had carefully layed down to protect the carpet from the buttered popcorn. I also bruised myself quite badly. So, the next day I went and bought rubber treads to put on the slippery Pergo stairs. Bruce seems to have a problem with missing either the top or bottom step. I don't know whether it's because he can't see well, or just because we're getting old and clumsy. His latest mishap was last Friday night. I had returned home from shopping, and I asked him to help me bring the groceries in, as I was on my way to go visiting teaching. So, as he tried to bring all 5 or 6 bags in at the same time, he fell because he missed the top stair, the groceries went flying, and he bumped his head on the edge of the counter. Now there was a 2 inch gash in his head, blood was everywhere, and I was still trying to go visiting teaching. We got things cleaned up and Bruce's head injury looked worse than what it actually was. If we survive the stairs in this house for a few more years, our last home will definitely be another ranch style. Thank goodness the Denver temple doesn't have any stairs that we have to worry about. That could really be embarrassing.
Lexi climbing up stairs
Stairs from entrance way to living room
Stairs from family room to kitchen
Bewildered Bruce on stairs going to upstairs bedrooms
No comments:
Post a Comment