Sunday, September 28, 2008

Creativity

Last night I attended the General Relief Society Broadcast. President Uchtdorf spoke to the sisters of the church about how to stay happy. He said there were two main elements:
1. Be creative
2. Be compassionate
So I would like to talk a little about the subject of creativity. Since we have been here in Colorado, I've learned many ways to be creative...how to make dinner with no food in the house, how to use my food storage, how to pay the bills with not enough money, how to still have fun with little or no money, how to make homemade birthday cards and gifts, how to blog, and tonight I learned how to make banana splits without ice cream. That's right...I had stuff left over from the wedding cake I did yesterday, so we made banana splits with bananas, fresh strawberries, fresh pineapple, Hersheys syrup, nuts, and...frozen whipped topping (it gave the flavor of the whipped cream, and the texture of ice cream). So there you go, I was creative once again. President Uchtdorf would be proud of me. I still need to work on the compassionate thing.

No comments: