So I asked Bruce to go with me on a walk this morning, so that I could get my 5K charm at Weight Watchers tomorrow with Kelly. I told him I would like to walk around Prospect Lake, because I heard that was a nice level walk...not too strenuous...for my still out of shape body. He suggested instead that we go to Red Rock Canyon. We had been there before, and didn't remember it to be too bad, so I said OK. When we got there, we looked at the map, he had me write down the different trails that connected (a different route than we had previously gone), so that I could hike my 3.2 miles or 5K. I'm not sure what happened, but we lost sight of the trail we were supposed to end up on (the easy trail) and ended up on the intermediate and then on the advanced trail. By this time, I was pretty warm, my face was bright red, and my fingers were swollen up like little sausages. Thank goodness for sunscreen and bottled water. My dreams of Prospect Lake were really looking good at this point. After hiking about 3.5 miles, we finally made it back to the parking lot, and off we went to Prospect Lake...just so I could see what I missed...beautiful calm lake with nice level sidewalk around the entire lake...a total of 2 miles around the lake. I could have walked it twice and been perfectly happy...thanks Bruce.
This is what I wanted to do...
Calm peaceful lake
Sidewalk around lake
This is what we did...
Beginning the advanced trail
Looking down from the trail we were on...that means we did plenty of climbing
Face starting to turn red...and look who's carrying the backpack
Even Bruce looks tired
Red face matches red rock
Sausage fingers
Why don't I just listen to my own instincts? Next time I'll think twice.
1 comment:
Sorry that happened Cathy. I guess you got more of a workout than you had planned. Good for you! You did it! Now you know what you want to do next time.
Post a Comment