Monday, October 20, 2008

My thoughts on motherhood...

Paula called Bruce tonight, and she was telling him about how Lexi was learning to sing the "ABC song." She is at that age now where every day she is learning something new. How grateful I am that we have a daughter and daughters in law who know the importance of being at home with their children instead of dropping them off at a day care center and making their careers more important than their families. How terrible it would be to miss all those important little "firsts." While our kids were small, I chose to stay at home and bake cakes so I could stay at home with the kids. Sure, there were things we sacrificed by mom not having a full time job to bring in more money, but I believe with all my heart that it was worth it. As I was able to sit in the temple for the first time with all 3 of my children when Paula got married, I knew it was worth it. All three have grown up to be wonderful adults and parents, try very hard to do what's right, and love their mother and father. Thank you Brent, Tom, and Paula for being all a mother could ask for. . . and Happy Birthday Paula!



Halloween 1984
Christmas 1984
Brent's BYU graduation
Paula's NAU graduation
Tom's wedding June 2006
Paula's wedding September 2006

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Cathy-I think you have done a great job with your kids! I look up to that example. I'm grateful also to have you as a mother-in-law. Thank-you so much for all you've done...especially the love and support you have given all your family. Love, Rachel