Today is a lesson in staying positive. Just last week, we spent $1000 on Bruce's pickup for new tires and repair work. Now my van is in the shop getting some much needed, but VERY expensive repairs. There is only one thing that I hate worse than car repairs, and that's going to the dentist...oh wait, I just did that two weeks ago too. So between the dental bills and the vehicle repair bills, I'm watching my savings dwindle away slowly. Through it all, I am trying to stay positive, and make the most of not having my van for a few days. I knew that I wanted and needed to go exercise at Curves today, so since I didn't have a vehicle, I decided to walk. It's not all that far-only 2 miles. So I waited until it wasn't quite so cold and bundled up, and off I went. I think I kept up a pretty good pace because I got there in 35 minutes. It was actually kinda fun and I burned allot of calories besides. Between walking 4 miles and exercising at Curves, I think I burned about 700 calories...not bad. That's definitely positive! As I was walking, I had plenty of time to think. As much as I hate forking out $2000+ for car repairs, in the long run it's still better than a monthly car payment, and my van has been pretty good to me over the last 13 years. If we plan on doing any traveling, especially to visit family, and we plan on keeping the van for 4-5 more years, I guess the repairs will be well worth the money. On the way home I walked past this street sign, and by the time I got home, I realized that I was pretty hopeful that all would be fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment