Why is it that whenever I go on a hike with Bruce, he always wants to take a different trail than the one we are on, and then we end up getting lost, or taking a whole lot longer than necessary to get to our destination? Is this becoming a metaphor for our life? Hmm...I wonder. Last Saturday, it was the Scotsman Trail at Garden of the Gods. All I wanted to do was stay on the trail and get to the Trading Post, but every time we came to a new fork in the road, Bruce thought we had to take that one instead of staying on the original trail. Therefore, it took us much longer to get to the trading post than it otherwise would have. How do we know this? Because on the way back, I insisted that we stay on the Scotsman Trail. Sure enough, we got back to the trailhead much quicker than before. So, I often ponder (an interesting word) what must be going on inside of Bruce's head. Maybe...if I don't listen to my wife, and just take another route, life will be more interesting... or, it doesn't matter how long it takes, we'll eventually get there... Well, we're still trying to find our destination. Are we on the right trail, or just another detour? Hmm...
No comments:
Post a Comment