Our dear friend, Sheila Cope, passed away suddenly last Thursday afternoon. I was privileged to be her visiting teacher, and she was a sweet friend. The thing I loved most about Sheila is her great smile and how she always made me laugh. I also loved her musical and teaching talents. She was a fantastic gospel doctrine teacher, and it will be difficult to replace her. Many of her younger friends will remember her as a great seminary teacher. She had a beautiful voice and was active in Sweet Adeline's for 30 years. It's always difficult to see a friend pass, but when that friend is your age and so vibrant and full of life, then leaves so suddenly, it seems to be harder to accept. She had always mentioned wanting to go in a "twinkling," and apparently that's what happened. She was in the backyard shoveling snow, and then she was gone. The entire ward and everyone who knew her is still in a state of shock.
I had the privilege of saying good bye to her today as I went to the funeral home with a few other sisters from our relief society, to dress her. It is always a sweet experience to be able to do that. She looked beautiful and at peace. Good bye my dear friend. Enjoy singing in your beautiful heavenly choir.
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/gazette/obituary.aspx?n=sheila-b-cope&pid=155231176&fhid=6111
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/gazette/obituary.aspx?n=sheila-b-cope&pid=155231176&fhid=6111
No comments:
Post a Comment