Saturday, January 8, 2011

Annual Leavitt Ritual


It's that time of year again...we receive many Christmas greetings and letters from friends and family...but at the Leavitt home...we send out New Years letters. I have been sending out some sort of holiday family newsletter for about as long as I can remember. At first, it was a one page Christmas newsletter, without any pictures, typed and printed off at the copy store. A couple of years later, I got more festive and copied it on either red or green paper. Then I got all fancy, and copied it on pretty festive stationery. One year, I decided that Christmas was too busy, and so I started sending out New Years newsletters instead, and it has remained that way ever since. Our newsletter has evolved from one page with no pictures to two pages, designed with Microsoft Publisher format and many many pictures. Also gone from sending out all of the newsletters by snail mail to sending out the majority of newsletters via email. Three reasons for this... 1) it is less expensive 2) it is much more efficient than folding and licking envelopes and 3) the pictures are much nicer sent on-line. It takes a good while for me to produce this project each year, but I enjoy it and feel it is something I can do each year to stay in touch with those we don't get to see or talk to very often. If you are following our blog and have not had a chance to view our newsletter yet, leave me you email address in the comment section and I'll send you a copy. So I was excited today to get a New Years card from Brent and Rachel and family. Maybe the New Years greeting will continue with the family. Happy New Year to all of you! May this year bring the best of all your dream and wishes, and good health, and gratitude for all of our blessings! 


No comments: