So when I hear the word "aloha," I think of Miss Congeniality when Sandra Bullock asks Miss Hawaii how she keeps from getting confused when you say "aloha" for both hello and goodbye. That is definitely a question to ponder now that we've revisited Hawaii. So we just returned from a week-long trip to visit Paula and family. It was a welcome break and we enjoyed playing with Lexi and Carissa. It took us awhile to recover...from both the time deprivation and the climate shock, but I think now I'm ready to actually do something again. Here are a few pictures with brief commentary...
Here we are in front of the Laie temple at the open house
Pretty Lexi in front of temple
Polynesian Cultural Center...me, Bruce, and Carissa
One of the many gorgeous hibiscus
Samoan starting fire
Eddie and Lexi playing Tongan drums
Eddie, Paula and girls at PCC
Grandpa with Lexi and Carissa at Hickam Beach
Carissa at Dole Pineapple Plantation
Lexi at Dole Plantation
We visited with good friends, Alan and Carol Aoki, who we hadn't seen for 32 yrs. They cooked a wonderful Hawaiian dinner for us.
Lexi and Carissa...all ready for church
Spam souvenir isle at Target...Hawaiians love Spam!
Inside back wall at Arizona Memorial
More of USS Arizona Memorial...newly built, as old memorial had begun to sink
It was windy and rainy out on the ocean
Picture of "Old Glory" taken through top of Arizona Memorial...we love our country!
2 comments:
Cathy, it looks like you had a great time.
What a fun trip! I am glad you and Bruce had a great time. I know that Eddie, Paula and those grand-daughters really enjoyed having you there to visit. :)
Post a Comment