So Paula got a Wii Fit Plus so we could both exercise, and have a little fun at the same time. I find that I am really enjoying it, except my body is beginning to hurt and says otherwise. I do find, however, that while the Wii Fit can be entertaining, it can also be somewhat deflating to one's ego. See the tiny little characters all dressed in different colors above? Well, when you first use the Wii Fit, you design a "Mii" that fits your own character. Every day before you begin exercising, it does a body test to test your balance and judgement, your BMI, and of course, your weight. Then, if you continue, it gives you your "Wii Fit Age," depending on how you did on your body test. Each day after measuring, my little character blows up like a balloon, and repeats, "That's obese." As if I didn't already know that. My Wii Fit Age has fluctuated between 75 and 40+. You also get to choose your trainer, so I chose this cute little male guy who tries to help me get in shape. One day, I got on, and it had substituted my trainer with the female...maybe my guy got tired of looking at my little obese body.

5 comments:
I know how you feel.. that little high-pitched voice that says all those mean things. I guess the verbal abuse is necessary. I watch The Biggest Loser and that seems to be their tactic too. Hang in there!! You'll show that WiiFit one of these days!!
I am sorry Cathy. I think you are beautiful. What exercises/activities do you like to do on the wii fit?
I do some strengthening stretch type exercises, then I do some balance games then I do several step-aerobics type exercises, and then I end with running. I'm really having fun with it, so I'm hoping that I can find another one after Paula leaves.
yea, Olivia and Rusty got one for Christmas and created charaters for all of us. William ended up being in the greatest shape of everyone and was not obese.. figures..he that eats unhealthy does the best and the rest who eat healthy foods are deemed "obese". I like the wii but it doesn't like me..got to give yourself credit, Cathy.for putting up with the verbal abuse..
yeah my husband keeps coming up as obese and I'm over weight. ha ha It defiantly hurts the ego a bit.It is way fun doing the sports though and you can get a pretty good work out!
Post a Comment