Saturday, December 12, 2009

Getting into the Christmas Spirit

So, I seem to be having a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit this year...I'm about 3 months behind in everything. Can't seem to get my act together since the girls moved in. Thank goodness Paula has it more together than I do, so she and Lexi set up and decorated the tree and Bruce put up lights outside (complete with grumbling and complaining). Granted, the tree isn't what it usually is, but that is fine with the two little girls who enjoy "undecorating" the tree. I did finally got my nativity set up on top of the china cabinet, where little fingers won't get to it, but we still haven't found the one that I want to put out for Lexi to play with, and the Christmas decoration boxes are still sitting in the family room (where they've been all week). I was hoping to not get carried away with too much baking this year because I'm trying not to put on any weight over the holidays, but I know Paula wants to do some baking, and I will help with that so we have goodies for church friends and neighbors. Tonight was our ward Christmas Party...we were asked to dress up and play inn keepers. I looked pretty sad, but I have included a picture of Bruce and the girls. It has been frigid cold, and I can't seem to get warm...maybe that's what part of the problem is...I just can't warm up. Anyway, until next posting...Merry Christmas and maybe by the next time I will have gotten more into the season.

Innkeeper Bruce

Lexi with attitude

Carissa bundled up to keep warm-fell asleep on the way

No comments: