For Valentine's Day, I got the best gift ever...a new set of wonderful cookware from Costco. It is the heavy-duty Kirkland brand, and it is wonderful! We gathered up all of the old stuff (except for the one good pot that Paula had given me) and took it down to Goodwill, along with the old computer monitor that nobody seemed to want (surprise, surprise). Anyway, who knew cookware could make such a difference in the way your food tastes. Neither Bruce or I have ever lived in a home with decent cookware. Heaven knows our moms didn't care. So, we have been having fun cooking again...chicken and fish turn out moister and more tender. Rice and pasta do not boil over and make a mess. Pancakes and eggs do not burn. Even burgers turn out better! A little cooking spray and some olive oil and NO MORE STICKING! So much for that "non-stick" cookware, that after a few years can be called "stinkin' sticking" cookware. Wow, never again will I need any more cookware. I should be a sales person for this stuff, huh?

2 comments:
Cathy,
That's awesome!!! A few years ago Robbie got me some Emerilware from food network and I love it. I always had hand me downs and it makes a huge difference. I'm so happy for you!!!
Brent got me one good pan last year, and while it was expensive, it was worth it! I completely understand how you feel!
Post a Comment